Keeping your oven clean is an essential task, not only for hygiene reasons but also to extend its lifespan. However, it is a task that many people dread, as it requires a lot of effort and time. Fortunately, with the right tools and techniques, cleaning your oven can be a breeze. In this article, we will share some insider tips from professional cleaners to help you achieve a sparkling clean oven.
Cleaning an oven is a task that many people dread, but it does not have to be that way. With the right tools and techniques, you can clean your oven with ease. In this article, we will share some insider tips from professional cleaners to help you achieve a sparkling clean oven.
Why Clean Your Oven Regularly?
Cleaning your oven regularly is important for several reasons. Firstly, it helps to maintain hygiene standards, preventing the build-up of bacteria and germs that can cause illness. Secondly, a clean oven will cook food more efficiently, saving you energy and money. Finally, regular cleaning will extend the lifespan of your oven, preventing the need for costly repairs or replacements.
Tools You Will Need
Before you start cleaning your oven, you will need to gather the right tools and supplies. Here are some essential items you will need:
- Oven cleaner spray or paste
- Scrubbing brush or sponge
- Bucket of warm, soapy water
- Microfiber cloths
- Plastic scraper
How to Clean Your Oven
Now that you have gathered your supplies, it is time to start cleaning your oven. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C for 10 minutes. This will loosen any stubborn grease and make it easier to clean.
- Turn off the oven and allow it to cool down before you start cleaning.
- Remove the oven racks and soak them in warm, soapy water.
- Apply the oven cleaner spray or paste to the interior of the oven, taking care to avoid the heating elements.
- Allow the cleaner to sit for the recommended time, usually around 30 minutes.
- Use a scrubbing brush or sponge to scrub away any grime or grease.
- Use a plastic scraper to remove any stubborn stains or burnt-on food.
- Wipe away any remaining cleaner with a microfiber cloth, rinsing it frequently in warm water.
- Rinse the oven racks in warm water and dry them off with a clean cloth.
- Replace the oven racks and turn on the oven to 200°C for 10 minutes to dry it out.
Tips from Professional Cleaners
Here are some insider tips from professional cleaners to help you achieve a sparkling clean oven:
- Use a natural oven cleaner made from baking soda and vinegar. Mix equal parts of baking soda and vinegar to form a paste, then apply it to the interior of the oven. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before wiping it away with a damp cloth.
- Use a steam cleaner to clean your oven. Steam cleaners are an eco-friendly and efficient way to clean your oven without the need for harsh chemicals.
- Clean your oven regularly to prevent the build-up of grease and grime. A quick wipe with warm, soapy water after every use will keep your oven in top condition.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the bottom of your oven to catch any spills or drips. This will make it easier to clean your oven and prevent any damage to the heating elements.
- Use a self-cleaning oven if you have one. Self-cleaning ovens use high temperatures to burn away any grease or grime, leaving your oven spotless.
Cleaning your oven may seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and techniques, it can be a breeze. Regular cleaning will not only maintain hygiene standards and save you money on energy bills, but it will also extend the lifespan of your oven. Follow our insider tips from professional cleaners to achieve a sparkling clean oven in no time.